Pioneer Pursuit Contest Rules
The goal of the Washington Pioneer Pursuit challenge is to provide family histories for every person living in Washington Territory on or before Statehood was declared on November 11, 1889.
Our plan is to make the histories accessible online for any interested family history researchers.
- Submissions may be made by genealogical societies and/or by individual genealogists. Genealogical societies, please focus on your county or area you represent.
- You do not have to be a member of WSGS to participate in the Pioneer Pursuit contest, but please consider it. To join, click here.
- Pioneer is defined as all individuals in Washington Territory on or before Nov. 11, 1889.
- You do not have to be related to the Pioneer to submit a family history.
- Submission instructions must be followed or it may be rejected.
- All submissions must include source citations on each Pioneer. If your source is online, include the URL with the citation (no scanned copy is necessary). If your source is not online, attach a scanned copy of the document with the citation. Do not send original copies of documents.
- The Pioneer Pursuit Contest begins on November 1, 2022 and will end on October 31, 2023.
- Prizes will be awarded to the genealogical societies submitting the most entries per percentage of their membership.
- Prizes will be awarded to the individual submitting with the most entries.
- For more information, visit www.wasgs.org/PioneerPursuit or email WAPioneerPursuit@gmail.com.
For a PDF of this document, click here.