Outstanding Volunteer/Team Awards
The Outstanding Volunteer and Team Awards Program provides recognition to those individuals and teams who have been identified by their local genealogical organization to be honored for exceptional efforts. This program is not a competition between organizations, but is a means for local society and groups to give widespread recognition to their outstanding volunteers.
Important note: In 2022, your society may nominate up to four individuals or two teams for recognition.
Milestone 1: Select and Identify Honorees – Deadline is May 1, 2022
Your organization should select the volunteer(s) or team(s) you wish to honor this year. Complete the nomination form
and return it, along with a good quality photograph, to Info@wasgs.org
- A nominee who has exhibited extraordinary dedication in accomplishing a specific task or project.
- A nominee who has consistently responded to queries or research, advancing the field of genealogy and services to the public.
- A nominee does not need to be a member of your organization, but has helped in some significant way to improve the society's operation, library or research efforts
- A nominee who has been supportive of the goals and operation of your local society on a consistent basis for some time.
- The achievement may have covered several years; perhaps by a charter member or leader, long since inactive, but remembered and worthy of recognition before it is too late to say "thank you."
- Posthumous awards may be considered.
- Nominees may have received an Outstanding Volunteer award previously.
- Please limit your nominations to no more than four individuals or two teams/projects.
Surprise Awards: If you want the award to be a surprise for the recipient, and want WSGS to keep the honoree’s award confidential until it is announced, please tell us.
Milestone 2: By May 15, 2022
The local society's contact person (listen on the nomination form) will have an opportunity to review the certificate before finalization.
Milestone 3: Announcement and Presentation
The awards will be announced on 01 Jun 2022. After that date, local societies are encouraged to present the certificate at a meeting or event.
Following the announcement, the narrative will be abstracted and posted on the WSGS blog, as well as on the WSGS website to show others around the state what good works your volunteers do and that your organization appreciates their efforts.
For more information about the WSGS Outstanding Volunteer / Team Awards, contact the WSGS Recognition Committee at Info@wasgs.org
. Please type WSGS Recognition Awards
in the subject line.